Monday, October 30, 2006

sick baby :(

Yesterday evening Miss Leia (who has had a cold with ear infection for the past few days) started wheezing and developed a fever. Today we found out that she has a case of bronchiolitis (totally guessing on the spelling) and is going to need to take medication via nebulizer for 10 days. Fantastic. Brought home the machine this morning after doing one round in the office. She is not exactly crazy about it - she has to wear a little mask and breathe in the meds for 10 minutes or so every 6 hours. She's out of day care for the week, too. I'm supposed to have a phone meeting with one of my committee people this afternoon, and Jeff is working from home so he can watch L for me while I do that. Leia herself is doing realtively well otherwise - the fever broke, and she's eating and playing as usual, so at lease she is not too miserable. Am getting used to the fact that this week is going to be totally derailed for me. Makes me wish I'd been more productive with writing last week when I actually had the time. Blargh.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh no, does that mean she's going to miss trick or treating? What's her costume going to be anyway?

Lore said...

Yep, no tricks or treats this year :(

She is going to be a cat. I got her the cutest leotard costume with a leopard print skirt and a long black tail and ears. She'll wear it around the house and watch the throngs of children from the windows. Bummer. At least she is too little to understand what she's missing.

Lauren said...

Pictures please!

Roe said...

As someone who has used the nebulizer and has been home all week with bronchitis, I empathize. :-( How is she feeling now?

Stacey said...

yeah, seriously... those things suck...

and I second Lauren... pictures!