Monday, June 19, 2006

PhD2B?

Well, today I finally had a meeting with my dissertation chair. It's only been, oh, three years or so since I last saw him in person. Anyway, it went well, and he has 2 little ones that are very close in age (think Cocking Family child spacing) so he totally understands why I've been progressing so slowly. He thinks I have a decent draft underway and if all goes well I could propose this fall. And then all I have to do is collect data, and analyze it, and write it all up and defend it! No problem! Despite the mild sarcasm I am actually feeling encouraged. I really will do this and be finished sometime in this lifetime.

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Congrats, that's good news.

Roe said...

That's great! Congrats! One step closer to being Dr. Mom, just like on the commercials.

Lauren said...

You can do it! Grats on finally getting the meeting scheduled!

Chris said...

I know exactly how you feel Lore, glad to hear about that meeting. Now I better keep working on my diss to avoid being left in your dust (Negative Reinforcement ftw!!!).




Your Weekly affirmation:

You are a good person

You are confident and inspire confidence in others

You are bravely dealing with a grand but completable task

People like you

Roe said...

And for a tongue-in-cheek affirmation:

"You're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like you."

Chris said...

"I refuse to beat myself up"

"Thats just stinkin thinkin!"

Roe said...

hahahaha, my partner in pop culture crime...