Monday, March 19, 2007

Oh, my poor abandoned blog...

How I've apparently not missed thee all that much...but I clicked on my dashboard bookmark by mistake and now I feel compelled to update.

For those of you that a) still visit this link (maybe? somebody?) and b) do not know this already, the husband up and quit his job so he can take a stab at making it as a writer. This is good news! I am very excited for him, and I am secretly hoping that he inspires me to write some more myself. I am slogging along revising my proposal. Still need one more prof for committee (first choice for third member is too busy right now so I have to find someone else). But I have a solid lit review going and if I can just get out of my own way I ought to be able to propose before the semester is out.

In other news, my cat Max almost died a few weeks ago :( but he is OK now. Turns out he is diabetic and was ketoacidotic (code for: nearly dead) and had to be hospitalized for four days. But now he is on twice daily insulin injections and an all-new diabetes friendly diet and is looking 1000 percent better. Later this afternoon we have to wrestle him into the box for a vet visit to see how he's doing on the current insulin dose. And I do mean wrestle. He was always a beast about getting into the box but now it is much, much worse, as he thinks we're going to leave him there again. Poor guy.

I'd promise lots more regular updates but I don't want to set myself up for feeling guilty if I flake out again. So on that note I say goodbye for now...

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Your blog and my blog should get together to commiserate. The new blog doesn't really count since it was born of procrastination.

Lore said...

I linked to the new blog. I like it. Your meez made me laugh out loud.

I am liking procrastination today so it's all good.

Stacey said...

I'm a big fan of procrastination...