Friday, September 26, 2008

Poor ignored blog...

You know you've completely forgotten about your ABD blog when...

You get your Ph.D. and it takes you five days to post it!

I'm having some weird post-dissertation letdown. It's hard to put into words right now, but I was told to expect some depressive-type feelings and that is definitely happening. Everyone is congratulating me and saying things like, "You must be so relieved!" But what I am experiencing right now is mostly exhaustion. It's been a crazy push to get to the finish line for months now. As if the diss weren't enough, I started adjunct-teaching, and that is its own brand of overwhelming - it's lots of work to put together lectures every week. I really want to just curl up and sleep for a few weeks, but I just can't. My kids need me, my class needs teaching, etc. etc.

Life just goes on I guess.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I'll teach you the Ph.D. handshake, it'll make you feel better, trust me.