Monday, November 05, 2007

Yay!

I finally had my proposal meeting today, and I passed! That means my topic is approved, and pending IRB approval I can collect my data. Unfortunately the University's IRB approval process has gotten much more complicated since the last time I had to do it.
You see, it used to be that the "IRB" was one professor - you filled out a 2-page form and gave him a copy of the materials you were using, and he approved you. Now it is a proper IRB committee, replete with deadlines and procedures and all that nonsense. Oh well. I am a little stressed about that, but hopefully I can get it done relatively quickly.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Excellent! But are you sure you're supposed to expose the baby to so much bureaucracy? :D

Stacey said...

Congratulations!!! Well, maybe the baby will learn to handle the "suits" nice and early... :)