Thursday, April 05, 2007

Freaking out...

I just found out that a group of 4th graders beat up a kindergartener on the school bus in my neighborhood. The child was apparently found unconscious in the back of the bus and had to go to the hospital. WTF is wrong with those kids? And their parents??

I am just so shocked and upset by this. I mean, part of why we moved here was for the excellent safe schools. And the presumably safe school buses. I know, mine is still little, but still...it's scary.

3 comments:

James Kocsis said...

Wow, that's really scary.

Good thing The Force is stong in Leia. Time for Jeff to start teaching her Jedi skillz.

Roe said...

That is horrifying. What in the world would fourth graders have to pick on a kindergartener for? I hate bullies, and seriously - How TF are these parents raising their kids?

Will was bullied on a camp bus in the summer when he was going into first grade, so he was 6 - and the counselors apparently thought it was a scream. Until Mike and I boarded the bus one morning and promised that if it happened again, WE'D ride the bus into camp and have our own discussions.

Stacey said...

When I was in 7th grade, the only bus that went to my house and the Jr. High was the high school bus. I took it a grand total of twice, and then refused to go again once the kids picked on me.

I think it's a power trip thing, at any age.